Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hard work pays off -- for two of us


Last week was a busy week. My son, Michael (age 5), and I both graduated from our respective programs. He will be moving on from preschool and will start kindergarten in the fall. I graduated with my MA in English-Creative Writing from Missouri State University and, for the moment, plan to simply enjoy the diminished amount of stress that comes with finishing the degree -- and that pesky thesis. What will I do with all of my free time? Maybe I'll be a dad and tinker with that novel. What do you think?

Here is a photo of the two graduates. Enjoy!

3 comments:

rslight said...

Congratulations.

Eric said...

Thanks, man!

Anonymous said...

new to your blogspot.
what a lovely photo.
And may I offer my congratulations to you!
I'm from crimespace and I happened to find your discussion regarding chapter lengths. very good discussion!
great blogsite too!