Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Novel Approach -- why this blog exists

Has anyone ever told you, "You know? You should write a novel."

Or, have you said to yourself, "You know? I should write a novel."

Or, "That would make a great novel."

Or, "I've got a novel floating around in my head. I just have to write it down."

Or, "There's just no TIME!!!!"

It's maddening, isn't it? You know you can do it, but something always gets in the way.

Welcome to The Novel Approach.

The idea for this blog was sparked by a group of folks (several are friends or acquaintances of mine) who contribute to a blog devoted to running marathons. Members of this group post anything and everything about marathons: training techniques, news stories, personal essays, poems on marathon running, etc. But their most important contribution is encouragement.

They push each other to the proverbial finish line.

Well, writing a novel is like running a marathon. And writers need encouragement.

We also need tools, resources, prompts, and feedback.

That's the primary goal for The Novel Approach.

My name is Eric. I'm 30 years old. My wife, Corinn, tells me I should write a novel. I want to write a novel. I've got one floating around in my head. I just have to write it down. But with a full-time job, night school and two children, there's just no time.

If you're like me, it's time to make time. It's time to do it.

1 comment:

Lel said...

Hi, Eric. Lee Ella from class here. You've got a cool-looking (see: hyphenated compounding) blog. I'll probably drop by sometimes. If you're curious, my primary blog is www.xanga.com/shiksa_one