Friday, January 4, 2008

Iowa is perfect setting for twists and turns

I wonder if anyone could write a book as confusing -- with as many ambiguities, twists, and turns -- as the entire Iowa Caucus processes. The processes are different for GOP and Dems. The meetings take place in living rooms and middle school cafeterias -- probably a barn or two. One is a straw poll. The other is ...well...I don't know how to explain it, but there's a lot of bullying going on. But somehow...and I don't know exactly how... it makes sense to politicos and the next US President will emerge. Weird stuff.


P.S. On Christmas, I received $70 total in Barnes and Noble gift cards. I'm very excited to buy buy buy. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I haven't read this book - but a book I have read with some unexpected twists and turns is called Dancing Backwards in Paradise.
The author - Vera Jane Cook (I personally think) is a gifted writer that can break your heart and make you laugh at the same time. I highly recommend this novel.

Eric said...

Hi, Chrissy:
Thanks for the suggestion and the link! And thanks for contributing to this blog.
Eric